Opening Doors, Closing Deals
For two decades our expert bilingual team of real estate attorneys have successfully advised, guided and managed thousands of real estate title transactions on behalf of foreign buyers and sellers, and provided secure and tax efficient escrow and financing solutions.
In this practical, step by step legal guide for buyers, sellers and real estate agents or brokers, you will learn the most important aspects and stages of buying or selling a property in Mexico, including title closing process, escrow and financing.
Title Solutions provide legal closing support throughout real estate transactions, as well as Escrow services to hold in custody and releases funds when the conditions established in the transaction have been met, and we provide property financing and assistance for the formation of legal entities to acquire properties or the acquisition of an existing entity with the purpose of controlling its real estate assets.
Title Solutions provide training and legal assistance to independent agents and real estate brokers on current legal and tax procedures, including due diligence and document auditing for buyers and sellers. We also help calculate the estimated closing costs for both buyer and/or seller, which include, notary fees, transfer of property taxes, and capital gain taxes.
Title Solutions assist real estate developers identify and define the legal procedures and/or policies necessary to structure real estate transactions efficiently and successfully. We help define the processes, and create the necessary documents and tools to allow developers to anticipate and accelerate the sales procedures in legal compliance.
- Title search to identify the legal status of a property.
- Creation and/or revision of legal documents necessary to transfer title of a property.
- Coordination of the multiple service providers involved in a real estate transaction such as real estate agents, notaries, escrow agents, trustee banks, lenders, appraisal agents, accountants, government offices and officials.
- Coordination of the financing processes for the purchase of residential homes located in Mexico on behalf of foreign buyers.
- Coordination and supervision of escrow agreements, instructions, reception, custody and release of funds for the purchase price, loan amount and/or closing costs in a real estate transaction.
- Formalizing of the legal documents required for the creation, acquisition or sale of legal entities with the purpose of acquiring properties in Mexico, including due diligence to verify the legal status of an existing entity and its assets, as well as elements such as tax, labor, obligations assumed with third parties, foreign investment, and environmental issues.
In this practical guide about investing in real estate in Mexico you will find invaluable insights based on our extensive experience of the market, and some useful advice inspired by our understanding of the many concerns that foreign buyers experience.
A few answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding the process of buying or selling properties in Mexico. Get in touch with us if you have other questions.